Support and a Book Pick

I feel like there should be a "Blogger Support Group," not a group to help you learn html or draft a good post, but a group that boosts your confidence. If I had received all the positive comments I get daily on my blog in high school, those years would probably have gone very differently. In day to day life I get little or no feedback on my clothes, style, or craziness; yet, I can write two posts a day (which I often do, because I seem to live more virtually than I do in reality) and receive nearly a dozen comments within twenty-four hours that are if not complimentary, then inquisitive, constructive, or intriguing. With all the positive energy most bloggers spread, how can anyone with a blog go through the day down-hearted? (I've spoken to my sister relatively about this topic and she replied, "don't you wish you had started one awhile ago?" And my response was, "Why didn't I???")

On a separate topic, I thought instead of posting a movie pick, I am posting book pick. My theory is with the holidays you have more free time--why not spend it reading? In light of the season, I suggest Jack London. And in light of practicality I suggest a collection of his short stories--can't sit down and read an entire novel? No problem, tackle one short story at a time. His tales are thoroughly engrossing and if you're dreaming of a white Christmas, his ones set in cold locales will definitely make you fill the chill.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment