She's getting delirious...

I'm beginning to catch Blythe fever. Sure there is the appeal of the creepy color changing eyes and the quaint manga-like faces, on top of that there is the opportunity of customization: self-made clothes, wigs, glasses, etc. These dolls are like Barbie on acid. But the greatest appeal to me are the opportunities photographically. I can see myself now toting my Blythe doll everywhere and setting her up for the perfect image. However the $100+ price tag is making me queasy. For now I shall watch eBay in hopes of an affordable one and enjoy pictures like these from Gina Garan:blythe, photography, gina, styleblythe, photography, gina, styleblythe, fashion, photography, style
blythe, gina, fashion, style, photographySince most of you who commented don't seem familiar with Blythe dolls, I am mentioning now that they have a very interesting history. They were only sold for one year (1972) in the United States and were very unpopular. However, now they have gained a cult-like following and the prices have soared. Originals can cost in the thousands, thankfully for some addicts they are now producing some new ones which come at the slightly more reasonable cost of around $100. Still too much to justify buying a doll right now, but definitely on my wish list.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment