'Tis the Season to be Tagged

I have been tagged by Jello on Springs and since I have yet to turn down a fair tag, here goes:

1.) What's the story behind the name of your blog and your nickname? Well, the name of my blog and my nickname are the same: The Clothes Horse. As the header says, a clothes horse is an item to dry clothes on or a person obsessed with clothes (I am the latter). I actually have a list of names of things I would name my first shop (if I ever had one), a jewelry line, my restaurant, etc., the list goes on. The Clothes Horse is from this list and is deemed the best name for my blog since it isn't strictly a fashion blog, rather it is a blog by a clothes horse.
2.)Why did you start blogging in the first place? Ever since college I have spent a lot of time on the Internet and found so many delightful blogs I adored (poetry blogs, fashion blogs, political blogs, foodie blogs, diary blogs, etc.). I was timid to start my own, but finally just took the plunge--I'm just a college student, not an expert in anything, but strip away fancy jobs, fat paychecks, or foreign languages and we are all just people. It's the people that make you read blogs, none of those extras anyways; so I decided I could just be a blogging person as well!
3.) What has been your best blogging experience? What about the worst? Best by far are comments (especially from people who run my favorite blogs). It's flattering when people like to read your verbal abuse and look at your photo imitations, but really it is just so wonderful to connect with people all around the world through mutual interest. I tend to feel alone in my interests at my college, I am a business student and most of my friends don't really give fashion much thought ("What's that feathered thing on your head? Why are you changing the subject to someone called McQueen?"), so this blog really connects me to a larger subculture. Aretha said in my comments awhile back "To have a blog means to have lots of friends and always new friends from different countries and places, styles and ages." I couldn't agree more.
The worst...I haven't really encountered negative comments on my blog--but off it...well. Some people at my school have seen it and almost seem to want to pick fights about things. One especially intelligent male said some of my pictures were "risque" and that I featured "very skinny models" and what message I was sending to girls about that! I left him with his ears stinging for several days, I'm sure, but I won't go into my retorts right now...
4.) What do you think will happen to your blog in 2008? I'm sorry to disappoint, but I gather it will continue to be much of the same! My style and focus is fluid, but there is not really target or goal for this blog. Maybe I will study abroad and everyone will be able to glimpse that, but we shall see. Maybe I will cut back and stop spending so much time online, but I highly doubt that will happen!
Pics from study abroad in Japan (Spring 2007) when I didn't have a blog:
And what do you want to see from me in 2008? Comment and I might attempt.
Now, I demand answers to these questions from: Sugarplum Ragdoll, Strawberry Kitten, and Power Rangers Go.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment