Caped Crusader

I remember first seeing a cape in a small knick-knack shop back when my family lived in North Carolina (I was about to be a freshman in high school). Sure, I had seen capes before on Superman, Mighty Mouse, and other superheroes, but here was a cape in a discreet tweed made for every day wear. I didn't buy it that day and never returned to that store, but the image of the cape has haunted me since (I like to test how bad I would like something by leaving it for a couple of days and seeing if I think of it while I am away, unfortunately sometimes you go back and the object of your desire is gone). With all the capes that sauntered down the runway this past season, I decided it was time to start my hunt anew. Unfortunately, being the broke college student I am, but having taste beyond my means this meant scouring eBay for several weeks (and get outbid again and again). But then this cape appeared. It was colorful, it was magical, and it was cheap! Throw in the reversible aspect and the fact that no one else desired it, and I was sold. I am now the proud possessor of a cape, all I need now is an appropriate super hero name to compliment it.cape, vintage, thrift, fashion, style, theclotheshorsecape, vintage, thrift, fashion, style, theclotheshorsecape, vintage, fashion, style, thrift, theclotheshorsevintage, fashion, style, cape, thrift, theclotheshorse

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment