Strange Bedfellows

Is anyone else struck by the strange dichotomy of vintage obsession and Internet addicts? As a vintage lover myself I am constantly grateful for eBay and Etsy and online boutiques which put vintage wonders in my size right at my fingertips. But isn’t it slightly odd that the pieces of an antique past can be found and shared through one of the marvels of modern technology? Very few of my friends have even the most minor of interests in vintage fashion. Yet, nearly every blog I read (and I admit this is a somewhat selective pool) has a vintage affinity if not right out passion. So, is it not bemusing that we use our contemporary machinery to connect and share dated style?

Photos taken at my grandmother's house.
Outfit details: dress- vintage via eBay, vest- H&M, shoes- H&M

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment