What Makes A Good Life?

Apparently, I want to "live intensely" (according to quiz) at first glance this seems positive, even intriguing, but on further inspection the phrase a bit disturbing. It's doesn't say "live a good life" or even "a happy life." An intense life could easily be tragic and sad (think Edie Sedgewick, Sylvia Plath, and countless unremembered others). Yet, even pondering this I know that it's true--I do want an intense life; I want to feel things and have experiences. Like in my favorite Jean Harlow song Reckless, "I'm gonna LIVE long, LEARN a lot, I'll light my candle, and I'll BURN a lot!" You know you're alive when you feel pain. It's frightening however to see how willing I am to hurt myself in the name of life and experiences; how I need to feel something intensely to know that it is real.
And yet, another very cautious side of my shies away from it all. I protect myself from emotional attachments and points of potential embarrassment. Some people would say I would prefer a quieter life. But in another way this is a side of the intensity in me--I don't waste my time with things I only find mildly interesting, or people I don't see myself becoming close to.
I'm not certain I will be successful or even happy, but I suppose if I know I am taking risks and trying things that will be a sort of happiness.
Here's some of what I bought: two new beaded vintage bags and a belt.theclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, foresttheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, foresttheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, foresttheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, forest
theclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, foresttheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, foresttheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, foresttheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, vintage, secondhand, beaded, purse, handbag, fashion, style, original, personal, unique, outfit, outside, spring, summer, sunshine, forestOutfit details: skirt- Gap (many, many years old and in constant danger of staining), shoes- H&M (they're starting to get dirty!), shirt- Banana Republic Outlet, necklace- vintage via Opulent Oddities

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment