Summer on the Swingset

I saw my first firefly of the summer today—I was walking to the playground on campus as is becoming my evening practice and there it was glimmering in the twilight air. Nearly every night I make this pilgrimage across campus to ride on the swings. Sometimes I go with a friend, sometimes I talk on the phone to family, and many times I go alone listening to my ipod and walking through my memories. I love the feel of the cool breeze against my skin, the soft caress of my hair against my cheek and the repetitive motion of my legs pumping again and again. Through the canopy of branches I can look up at the stars and see a ring of clouds around the nearly full moon. It is liberating to close your eyes and soar through the air, to feel your stomach drop as you rise gently and briefly from your seat. One might grow too old for the playground, but one never ages out of a swing set...
Grr...forgot the details until now: short- Gap (2 summers ago), shirt- Banana Republic (3-4? years ago), shoes- H&M, necklace- self made

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment