Riding in Denial

When packing for Fall Break it was of utmost importance to bring along my newish moleskine (my bag is more packed with books than clothes this time):


Bulky grey socks, perfect for lounging away chilly days indoors.
My family and I denied the change in weather, riding in our heated vehicle and listening to Iz (Hawaiian music) and recounting our last seasons in Hawaii, rather than paying attention to the way the wind blew our car along the freeway. We couldn't hide from the truth forever, when we reached our destination and scurried inside for the comfort of home-cooked food, indulging in homemade pumpkin frozen custard and soft pretzels, while eyeing the other Amish delights available (German sausages, potato salad, whoopie pies, shoofly pie, red velvet cake, homemade chocolates, old-fashioned candies, oh my!). For dinner we took a trip East dining on Japanese cuisine, while I relived my semester there through my taste buds sampling ginger dressing on the salad, miso soup, yaki soba, and vegetable tempura. So, while we might be currently located in Pennsylvania, we have not succumbed to Nowhereland.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment