Blur Past

Does life seem to be passing in a blur to you as well? A second ago I was entering college, I pause to blink and now I'm halfway through without any clearer idea of where I am heading. I feel as if I am running just to keep pace with life.

Fashion seems to be dealing with the same issues. As Hedi Slimane said recently, "The seasonal collections don't relate to anything anymore because everything is on the web in a second. Because its impossible to adapt the logistics, the fashion business is running to keep up with fashion."
No wonder so many high end lines are losing money and designers keep opting for younger, cheaper lines. When even what is hot is hot, that hip-titude lasts what--a few seconds? Seasons keep seeming drastically different from one another (to me at least), nothing is lasting other than a greater awareness of fashion and more personal style.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment