Ink Me Please

One of my near future goals is to finally bite the bullet and get the tattoo I have been dreaming of for years now. Until then, here are some of the ones I find quite beautiful.
My future tattoo will also be black and white (since I am not a huge fan of color tattoos) and on my upper back. If I end up falling completely in love with tattoos an interesting place I have seen a lot of lovely tattoos is behind the ear. My tattoo will be two martlets (mythological birds).This is an image of the martlet as seen in a coat of arms, but there is no real established picture of what a martlet is required to look like. The important thing to me is what the martlet symbolizes. The martlet is a bird without feet and so is unable to land, therefore the martlet symbolizes a constant search for knowledge and learning, as well as restlessness and wanderlust. In heraldry, it was often assigned to a fourth son who often received no financial wealth from his family and had to earn his way entirely on his own in the world.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment