Halcyon Hopes

Summer is coming to an end soon, but I do not feel as if I have experienced it yet. I went from Japan to Hawaii for a few jet-lagged days (that felt more like hours) to Pennsylvania and work. Now my summer is a routine of forty-hour work weeks and two days off. My sister is coming to visit for a few days and I haven't seen her since before I left for Japan. I am currently maneuvering to get my off-days rotated so I can actually see her for more than a few hours. Here's hoping I will have a few, golden, wonderful summer days that finally feel like summer...before my chance is up.

"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer. My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips." Violette Leduc

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment