The Few, The Brave

If you haven't noticed already--I spend HOURS online pouring over images, especially fashion images (and almost any image to me can become a fashion image--or style image). I obsessively checks sites like Facehunter and the Satorialist, daily (usually more than once a day to be honest). Other people's personal style really inspires me. My first glimpse was the "Fruits" book way back in high school, before Gwen Stefani commercialized harajuku street style. I was always interested, fascinated and inspired by those daring fashionistas who really pushed the envelope. I myself however am a deeply shy and introverted individual and have always cared too much about what other people think. I am still this person and so very afraid to push the fashion envelope, no matter how much I love it.

I am hoping after my semester abroad in Japan, I will be able to be more daring when it comes to be personal style. In Japan I feel I grew a lot as an individual and I also got stared at a lot. After getting stared at so much, purely for being an anomaly and nothing I was actually doing or wearing, I hope I have gained the courage to be stared at--for what I am wearing.
So, this post is in dedication to the daring fashionistas I so admire, in hopes that one day I might step out of the side lines and be counted in their ranks.
To me, it is also more about personal style, than trying to dress different or to fit in with a certain crowd. I want the courage to wear what inspires me and I find lovely, not what I think is super "fashionable" or "hot" right now. But for my style to be something more.
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" Mary Anne Radmacher

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment