The Color

I am such a fan of color. To help illustrate this; I am hard-pressed to answer when I am asked what my favorite color is. Sophomore year of high school I submitted an AP Art portfolio and the theme was color--how colors interact and how a visual third color forms between two contrasting colors. I seek these contrasts (consciously and unconsciously) in every day life.

The dinner I prepared tonight was full of lovely colors--as vegetable stir fry is lief to be. On the counter three fresh tomatoes resided in a lovely aqua blue box. Dessert was fresh mikan mochi, the vivid orange centers peeking out beneath their powdery white shells. Above the sink where the dishes were washed stood a neat row of vibrant blue and white porcelain figurines. The senses can be overwhelmed with this world of color, once we stop and look. I really appreciate the application of this world of color to that of fashion--after all inspiration can come from anywhere.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment