Don't You Go And Cut Your Hair

As work winds down (last day--whoohoo!) and I prepare for my potential study abroad my past study abroad experiences have really been on my mind. In high school during the summer between sophomore year and junior year I did an exchange program in Germany (basically living with a host family, eating delicious foods, going to a foam party, etc). And last spring (as I continually mention) I spent a semester in Japan. Even though I was there for about six months and I fell into a routine most days, sometimes while riding the train home I would get these "I'm in freakin' Japan moments" of utter excitement and wonder. It had been a sort of childhood dream to go and every corner held the potential for magic for me. Here are a few (of the many) pictures that I snapped whilst in Japan.

I looked quite different then...my hair was about eight inches longer than it is now and it was it's natural ashy brown color. In addition, I didn't have my glasses (don't you remember when I got them?), although my eyesight still wasn't perfect I just went without (now I'm so dependent). So while I still clearly recognize myself, sometimes new friends have a little trouble. So, can you spot the Clothes Horse? (P.S. These four pictures were taken by other people.)

As for today I was going for Rosie the Riveter with my scarf in my hair, but it ended up looking much more Alice in Wonderland...

Outfit details: shirt- Banana Republic Outlet, skirt- secondhand, belt- secondhand, shoes- some shop in Japan, scarf- secondhand




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment