Color Me Constructive

There are numerous examples of fashion photo shoots taking place in construction sites, disaster zones or other wastelands. I suppose all of this is used to contrast with the artfully colorful and pretty pieces in a collection--making them a beacon of light and symbol of hope and civilization, and to compare the amount of construction and structure built into a single dress with dearth surrounding them. Or perhaps I’m thinking too complexly and the barren landscape can just make creations look more dramatic and beautiful. Either way, as some construction is taking place on campus right now I was inspired to pose by the tractor (once I was certain no one was around to yell at me). I felt as if I was continuing a long history in fashion editorials and guerrilla photo shoots…

David LaChapelle, Vogue Italia 2005
As for my outfit, it is bright…very bright. I really admire ladies who wear a basic black wardrobe with a few occasional splashes of color. They always look rather mysterious and sexy. I try to do black, but I always end up going back to my brights. I suppose in the end I am just a girl who dresses brightly and acts secretive…
Outfit details: dress (worn as top)-vintage via eBay, skirt- Forever 21, belt- vintage, shoes- H&M, tights- We Love Colors, "Bulletproof" necklace- Leviticus Jewelry

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment