Adventures In Thrifting

I'd like to begin by thanking everyone for their kind words yesterday. It seems many of you feel similarly to me on this subject. To expand slightly on the subject it's all about prioritizing your interests and your funds. You can have a ton of money and spend most of it on entertainment and traveling or you can have limited resources by put your wardrobe above other wants. Further, the price of items doesn't matter, what does is finding pieces of value (rather intangible value--things that you value, have history, etc).
While we are on the subject of frugality, I went on a little thrift shop excursion yesterday. Yes, this is a slight hitch in my shopping ban (War and Peace is steadily coming along...), but since it was so little and in cash, I couldn't really resist.
I tried on this pink vintage dress with lace caplet which appealed to my romantic sensibilities of the moment. However, it seemed very impractical and I did not purchase. Also passed up due to flaws in fit was this denim halter dress with embroidered details.
I couldn't resist this dramatic yellow maxi dress. You see, in high school I was obsessed with the idea of having a neon yellow prom dress, however I was completely unable to find one. I intend to shorten it to knee length to make it more wearable for every day. I also purchased the black dress, although it is a little large, since I have been desiring more black and has nice lace details/texture. I intend to style it with a belts (as I do everything).
This is what I wore to the thrift shop. I snapped all of my pictures in thrift shop dressing room, so the space was limited and I didn't get any full length shots. The bag was customized by me.
Outfit details: shirt- Banana Republic Outlet, skirt- Urban Outfitters, shoes- H&M, bag- secondhand, necklace- various sources

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment