Longwinded Melancholy

Despite the fact I am currently having a marvelous vacation and truly a lot to be grateful for, my mind keeps wandering back to my time in Japan or more specifically the two American girls I studied with while there. We all came from different universities and met in that foreign land and despite our differences bonded.
Right now they are meeting again, reliving the past and no doubt making new memories and I'm sad that complications prevent me from seeing them and I am jealous that they will now have a shared experience that does not include me...
Truly, we are three very different people. Our histories are each wholly unique, our beliefs unshared, personalities, life styles, so much of who each of us is can not be compared in the least, and yes even our fashion senses are completely different. Yet, there are threads perhaps less tangible but just as significant that make us a compatible grouping and there is the rope of shared experience (summed up in one word: Japan) that ties us together. I can not think of two people who have affected me more in such a short time of friendship, or people who have been through as much with me.
Although, in the scheme of my life they occupy less than a year of it, the months we shared were some of the most significant and profound in my life. They greatly influenced in who I am today. Not only are they a huge part of who I am, but we spent nearly every day together while there and came back to our different corners of America to not see each other at all. I'm melancholy not just because I can't be with them now, but because I wonder if I will ever be with them again...
Change has been one constant in my life. Every three years since I was six months old my family has moved. I've traded houses, friends, weather patterns, schools, and so much more with every new home. It's hard to keep in contact with me (especially for me) and while I love moving I wonder about how the lack of permanency has affected me...
It seems all my shared experiences with others are short-lived, all friendships doomed to an early death, and my own attention span horribly brief. There are many homes I have lived in that I have no doubt I will never see again. Many people who have been significant to me in a certain point of time that I will never visit or even speak to again. There are parts of myself that I fear will be erased and never revisited. However, these two women will never fall into that category for me. I am determined that one day I will see them again and until that day I will
remain in contact with them for they are never far from my thoughts, especially right now.
Outfit 1 details: jacket- Urban Outfitters, shirt- Vain and Vapid, skirt- Forever 21, tights- Target, shoes- H&M, bag- Ruche
Outfit 2 details: dress- Ivy Blue, tights- some shop in Japan, shoes- Urban Outfitters, belt- vintage
P.S. Just don't feel much like talking about my clothes at the moment.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment