The Clothes You're Wearing Girl Causing Public Scenes

I thought I'd fill you all in on a few more details about my Greek semester. I'm a business major (Marketing) so I will be taking some business classes, perhaps an elective, and also a Greek language course. One of the most exciting details is: I fly Sept. 22nd, classes don't start until Oct. 13. This means the first few weeks are spent traveling around the country in a group with an amazing sounding tour guide. Ultimately, I will be settling into a crowded apartment in the city of Athens. Still completely stoked...

Maybe it's the fact that I am soon flying away and won't have access to my mother's sewing kit or perhaps the idea of packing light and basics is the reason, but suddenly I am on a wild DIY kick. This is the first (of several) shirts I have customized in the past couple of days. Like many shirts right now it is very long-waisted (which doesn't suit me), so I have hacked off a couple of inches from the bottom and turned it into a ruffle trim that extends down the sleeve. I'm too afraid to bring most of my vintage dresses with me, so I am trying to step up my basic tees.
Outfit 1 details: shirt- Wet Seal (customized), skirt- Forever 21, belt- vintage, shoes- Kenneth Cole Reaction via Solestrucktheclotheshorse, the clothes horse, nautical, sailor, chic, daily, outfit, personal, fashion, style, diy, customizeddiy, customized, nautical, chic, sailro, daily, outfit, personal, fashion, style, the clothes horse, theclotheshorse
Another new resolution: wear all of the things now that I won't take with me. First up, these shoes. I love 'em, but while I can walk in heels, I can't walk far or fast, so not practical for a girl who doesn't want to take any down time while abroad.
Outfit 2 details: shirt- Forever 21, skirt- H&M, belt- vintage, shoes- Seychelles via Amazon.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment