Tying Up Loose Ends

I am supposed to be asleep right now; enjoying my after 8:00am class nap. Unfortunately the fire alarm going off startled me into wakefulness and drove me outside into the rain with all of the other sheep on my floor. So, instead of getting enough sleep (to avoid crabbiness) I will answer all the tags I have gotten lately.

First, there is a tag from Stylish Wanderer on the musings of modern originality, can it truly exist? The impossibility of original works of art (or fashion) because everything has already been attempted or thought of is one many artists debate currently and I briefly mentioned it here. The thought behind this tag, finding what is original about our generation instead of harping on our shortcomings is very nifty. What do I think is original about our generation? The way we are so free in our style choices. Many other generations had a definitive style slant, characteristics that made it easy to identify, but for us we wear vintage and absorb trends so quickly that there's constant change and everyone can be stylish while looking completely different. We're not slaves to only one style perspective.
Finally, the 5 things tag from That's Just My Vibe.
5 Things found in my bag: A book, my digital camera, my moleskine (and a pen), safety pins (you never know), and a bottle of water (I almost never leave home without one).
5 Things found in my purse (I'm a little confused, isn't this the same as bag?): my sequined pineapple wallet, my military id card, moths (you know those old comics when the character opens their wallet and only dust and moths come out?), and chapstick.
5 Favorite Things in my room: my bed, my rice cooker, my clean laundry (which hasn't been put away yet), and my laptop.
5 Things I've always wanted to do: learn to play the drums, write a novel, have my own dark room (for photography), and live in a tree house or a glass bubble on the bottom of the ocean.
5 Things I'm currently into: getting my white sneakers dirty, enjoying the great outdoors, granny smith apples, summer reading lists I create myself, and finishing the semester.
And 5 Impressions on Poppy Lee (who tagged me): she has perfect hair, she might have an addiction to socks (but that's okay), I like the giant painting behind her, she has excellent taste, and really great pins!
For now, this is what I'm wearing: obnoxiously pink nails and pants.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment