Rediscovery

I feel like I am rediscovering or finding pieces of myself that I had lost or forgotten lately (although sometimes you never realize something is missing until you find it). I stumbled across my favorite gold butterfly earrings, a gift from my mother, this weekend, and then today I went to the library with a friend. As a bookworm I used to make weekly visits to the library struggling out with nearly more books than I could carry (somewhere between 7-10 a week), especially when I was younger. This semester though I've been re-reading old books or books I've received as gifts, so it had been a while since I had ventured back into the stillness the library offers. I really love the atmosphere when one is surrounded by books and quiet--there's a sense of anticipation and potential, like anything could happen and just might. I'm looking forward to more frequent visits to my favorite place this summer.


I'm going to start posting where my items come from, if I can remember! Dress- vintage (bought at the antique shop last weekend), beret- uniform store (part of my old school uniform), belt-vintage (bought at a vintage store in Sapporo, Japan), shoes- Urban Outfitters, tights- Target, bag- the Stadium Swapmeet (Honolulu, HI)

And before I forget: Please participate by voting in The Undie Awards; the organizer will donate $.25 for each individual voter to the National Cervical Cancer Public Education Campaign. And the voting ends at the end of the month, so don't delay!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment