Hi! I'm Rebecca, the girl behind the blog. I'm 24 and currently residing inside a moat in Virginia. The Clothes Horse is an artistic personal style blog that features my daily outfits as well as magazine editorials, movie reviews, illustrations, and other various visually inspiring things.

FAQ below; e-mail me: thenewclotheshorse@yahoo.com if you have any more questions
Who takes your photos?

-I take my own pictures. Occasionally (maybe once or twice a month), I am out somewhere and I ask a friend to snap a quick shot for me.
-I use a self-timer and a tripod.
What is your camera?
Canon Rebel xs; pre-January 2009, pictures were shot with a Canon Powershot Sd 1000.
How do you film and edit your movies?
I film my movies with a Flip camera. They are edited in iMovie.
Where did you grow up?
All over the place; my father serves in the military so we’ve been moving roughly every three years since I was 6 months old. I’ve lived in Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina,Washington State, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, and now Virginia. In college I have also spent time abroad living in Japan and Greece.
Where do you take your pictures?
Just in the area around where I live; I don't live in a city so it isn't hard to find pretty scenery.
How do you make your little animations/gifs?
I use a free program called GIMP. You can make them in Photoshop (but I don't have Photoshop). I've a very proactive person, so I decided I wanted to make gifs and I Googled ways to do it; I suggest doing the same for everyone else.
How tall are you/what size are you?
I'm 5'1" and usually wear an xs.
Who is your favorite designer?
Christian Lacroix is my all-time favorite designer because I admire all of his collections and his history. Other than that I tend to have seasonal favorites: Proenza Schouler, Rodarte, Erdem, etc.
Who is your favorite fashion photographer?
Tim Walker
Do/What/How do you dye your hair?
I do dye my hair red. My hair is naturally reddish and I like to go in every few months and get a demi-permanent to make it a true red. Most of the time on the blog you actually see my natural color since demis fade out in 12 washes.
How much time do you spend blogging?
Too much time? Several hours a day, but I break it up into segments. I write many posts late at night/early morning and take pictures whenever the sun is in a good position.
Because of the sheer number of readers you have, do you ever feel stressed out a bit trying to keep up with everyone and everything?
Yes, the more readers I get the more I feel obligated to maintain a certain standard and keep things interesting. I really don’t keep up with everyone and everything out of a sense of duty though, I started writing a blog because I like reading blogs and I still like reading blogs. If I stop enjoying it, I would probably stop reading other sites.
Do you believe in God? Are you religious?
Yes, I believe in God. I’m a Christian and I do consider myself religious.
What motivates you to keep blogging regularly?
I’m a very orderly and meticulous person, so blogging this way is a reflection of my personality. I also take my blog seriously and feel a sense of duty to my readers and sponsors to maintain a level of quality and frequency.
What is your fashion philosophy?
To dress in a way that expresses myself creatively and makes me feel confident. When I am in an outfit I really like I feel a little untouchable—no one can really criticize my appearance because I am completely at ease in my clothes. I suppose one philosophy is: wear what you like so much that everyone else can hate it and it doesn’t bother you.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment