Detail Of The Week: Tilly Bloom Brooches


After seeing other bloggers breathe new life into vintage brooches I've been thinking about adding some to my style as well. My hunt for a few good brooches ended when I found Tilly Bloom. Her arty, graphic accessory line is inspired by the Victorian Era, scifi, surrealism, eyes, folktales, and a number of other eclectic passions that lend themselves well to unique, quirky jewelry. The pieces are a fascinating mash-up; fantastical panthers with the wings of butterflies, or flowers blooming with vintage faces inspired by 'The Garden of Live Flowers' in Alice Through The Looking Glass are brought to life as necklaces and earrings.

I just received the Photographer Brooch and Odette Brooch. They're made of sturdy plastic with a metal pin, and are very shiny and lightweight. I really enjoy how personal and eccentric they are, but the basic black and white palette means they can be easily styled with a number of different looks.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment