Irony Of Life

Thursday began like many other days this week; a bit too early for someone who spent another restless night interrupted with bugle sounds from the nearby parade field. There seems to be a new ceremony nearly every morning and if they aren't sounding bugles or cheering, they're shooting cannons!
Only a couple of hours after waking I found myself seated in a dentist chair contemplating my gratitude that I have no claim to fame. You see, the inherent discomfort involved in allowing an inquisitive stranger to poke around in your mouth must surely be compounded if one is a celebrity. I imagined the pressure of trying to live up to some sort of perception while lying on my back and letting something stick their hands in my mouth...and I was grateful to not be "known."
Later, I dropped by a Joanne Fabrics with my mother for a few odds and ends. At checkout the cashier informed me, "I read your blog."
I was so startled my underwhelming reply was, "Oh." This was followed by a long, awkward silence and eventually the question of, "Do you write a blog?"
At her negative response, I was once again at odds on what to say and was relieved to flee the store shortly afterward. In the parking lot my mother laughed at my being recognized and chastised me for not being friendlier, but as I have stated before on this blog, I am an extreme introvert. Writing is such a welcome medium for me because it allows me time to compose and edit my thoughts without the awkward pauses that might interrupt conversation and gives me a safe distance from those I am communicating with.
This minor event occurring on the self-same day that I was feeling pleased with the anonymity of my person struck me as hilariously ironic. Isn't that how life so often is?
So, to those readers who have had (or will have) the misfortune of meeting me in person (when I least expect it) and being subject to my social ineptitude, I do apologize.

Outfit details: dress- Zara, tights- Target, shoes- Bona Drag, bag- Urban Outfitters, rings- various street vendors
Outfit details: dress- Zara, tights- Betsey Johnson via Modcloth, shoes- Bona Drag, bag- Urban Outfitters, sunnies- Urban Outfitters, rings- secondhand
Pssst...my blue nail polish is Sephora by OPI.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment