Variations On A Theme

The source of inspiration is very hard for me to pin down. I have a fascination with turning the mundane into something interesting and beautiful. In this manner everything around me has the potential to be inspiring. I have written before about how colors largely influence me, but there is also the subconscious effect of our surroundings.
I think my most recent two outfits and their surroundings really illustrate this point. Both outfits also seem to me (in retrospect) to be variations on a theme: a play of pattern and texture with a basic color palette.
My passion with streetart is no secret and Athens has some great graffiti that feeds that fire. I really flipped when I saw the stenciled flying pigs the other day. Ages ago I made a stencil of a flying pig myself, but never got around to using it (I am quite a failure as a graffiti artist). I swear this was created by my soulmate...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment