Take Your Labbit To Work Day

I've always said Nasha is more popular than me...she can't help it, she has "charisma" and that star quality about her. Now she's getting mentions on other blogs and perhaps one day she'll even be set up on a blind date via the Internet...who knows?
For now, Nasha is still growing and learning. I took her along to work with me so she could learn a little about hard work and how much it really takes to afford the lifestyle she has become accustomed to...
She clocked in for me on our ancient time clock.
Counted the money twice to be certain everything was accurate.
It is rather strange how in certain states the cashier always bags your groceries for you, but in Pennsylvania they very rarely commit this service.
At college we sell eggs singularily--doesn't she look like an Easter bunny? But be careful, she's very sensitive about her multi-cultural background. Nasha is a Labbit--that is half rabbit and half lamb (though admittedly she does resemble her father the rabbit a bit more).
Stocking the frozen foods was her least favorite chore of the shift--she has sensitive paws to hot and cold.
There was always the sugar and caffeine heavy staples of college life to get her through the work though. I rather regret allowing her to drink soda so late in the day...it left her wired all night.
I hope she walked away from the shift with a good lesson in work ethics...I know she enjoyed the free candy.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment