For All The Graphemes

While I don't think I'm a grapheme or color synesthete, I do strongly associate with colors. For now, let's just call me a color fan. I love the interaction between certain colors. One of the first things I notice in another person is color: color of their eyes, shade of their shoes, tone in their skin, etc. When I dig through memories they come through tinted as if I viewed them through shaded glasses. All color theory fascinates me; such as how certain shades can make people physically uncomfortable, why others are popular for branding, etc. Color really affects and drives us subconsciously.

Outside of all this, when the weather stays grey and cold (in this part of the world) we need to bring some colorful illustrations to ourselves from other sources. For me, it is coming from the aptly titled editorial "Colour Story," photographed by Miles Aldridge and featuring the lovely Hye Park. I found this Chinese Vogue editorial from 2006 through foto_decadent.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment