Clever Creatures

Continuing to pull inspiration from the whimsical and wonderful are the creations of Maggie Taylor. I hardly know what else these can be called, since she manufactures them on the computer. The mix between realism and surrealism is quaintly charming. She has a series inspired by Alice Through the Looking Glass, but all of her characters seem as if they sprung from the pages of a fairy tale. Maggie has supplied the inspiration, I have attempted the rhymes.
Fine sisters and twins we be,
As alike in figures and feathers as any can see,
But things go amiss,
When a lad comes for a kiss,
And can’t decide which sister is me!
My hunger bit and gnawed at me all night,
So I swallowed the moon in one bite,
For a moment all seemed fine,
But my stomach still for more does pine,
For the moon was but a sliver that night!
Dear little mouse you have naught to fear,
Look at these fine cloths we wear,
Civilized and scholarly cats are we,
We would much rather dine on biscuits at tea!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment