Love of My Life?


Amdist all the fashion week madness it's easy for some of us to forget that today is Valentine's Day...which really isn't so awful, since the only reason I like this holiday is it usually involves chocolate (from my father). Anyway, today seemed like a good day to mention the cheesy, but awesome site Love of My Life created by husband of blog-goddess JenLovesKev.

The site features proclamations of love from all over the world. It's a simple set-up: fall in love, download their poster, photograph it, and upload to share with others. In Kev's own words, "I started this project for three reasons. First, to show my wife how much I love her. Second, to give others a simple way to do the same for their significant others. Third, and probably most important, is to help show people how good it is to love and be loved. My hope is that when people start participating and posting flyers, others would see the flyers and notice the movement."
Long after the pictures are snapped the posters remain and possibly spread the message to the cynical. The photographs are already pouring into the site from Berlin, Germany to Maui, Hawaii and many places in-between. Decidedly sacchrine, but definitely romantic, this project had to be mentioned today...
all photographs courtesy of Love of My Life

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment