What Goes Around Comes Around


I only attended a private school for one year, but it was also the high school I graduated from. It was a private, Catholic all girls school in Hawaii; I won't share the name, but anyone with some familiarity with Oahu (or search engine skills) should be able to deduce the school. It was quite the experience. I had been going to co-ed, uniform-less public schools for all the years prior and I'm not Catholic, but it ended up being a fantastic year and I met a lot of amazing girls.

I still get updates and catalogues from the school which are quite enjoyable to flip through; if only for the backdrops of palm trees that make me nostalgic for Hawaii. The most recent one featured a number of vintage photographs in honor of the school's 100 year anniversary. The images are too good to not share; I really enjoy seeing patches Hawaii in past decades and the hairstyles are amazing. Not much has changed in regards to the school: the uniform is nearly identical and the student population is still just as diverse. The school has also always encouraged diverse interests in the students; it's awesome to see the girls from past decades engaging in various activities not typically featured (like ROTC in the 1940s). *It's important to note that this school was founded to serve Hawaii's Catholic population and a preparatory school for young woman; it never emphasized assimilation, or conversion.

1922 basketball team

song leaders (cheerleaders) 1945

ROTC sponsors for brother school cadets 1940s

girl scouts 1950s

students studying science 1935

orchestra 1947

senior class 1927

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment