Begot By A Flash Of Lightning

the clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braid
When this little black dress from ASOS arrived in the mail I was really disappointed with the quality of the fabric. While I was contemplating sending it back I saw this dress and fell in love. Suddenly my imperfect little black dress seemed like a perfect excuse to experiment. Initially I wanted to buy the lightning and heart shapes as patches from my local craft store, but the right size and dimensions were nowhere to be found. After much fruitless searching I purchased red and yellow felt and cut the shapes myself. A few quick stitches later and my dress was complete. Now, I'm itching to start and finish some of the other DIY ideas I've been collecting in the past few months.

And providence that I just got a new lightning strike ring from Modcloth, no? I actually like this ring so much I wish I had two and could wear one on each hand simultaneously; it reminds me of superheroes and comic books.
the clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braidthe clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braidthe clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braidthe clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braidthe clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braidthe clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braidthe clothes horse, black dress, heart, lightning, diy, retro, personal style, fashion blog, side braid
Outfit details:
customized ASOS dress
Strike Twice ring c/o Modcloth
The Quotation airplane ring
Deena & Ozzy wedges
Juicy Couture purse via Gilt

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment