Winter, This Way Comes

The temperature is dropping more quickly than I feel capable of handling and I am aware of the end of things. The halfway point of my time here in Greece has passed and while I still have a couple of other trips planned, it suddenly feels as if things are rushing to their demise. Walking around and admiring the sights I find my skin covered in goosebumps but I don't know if they are caused from the chilled weather or foreboding.
Stores are putting up holiday splendor to lure us inside--the weather and trees seem to be following a step behind. My regular path to school is now littered with brittle leaves that crunch under my brisk steps and it only seems to be a matter of time before the trees are bare completely. My favored honeysuckle bush is losing its blooms and with them die the scent that would waft so gently against my face as I walked underneath. Yet, knowledge that the pale flowers could remain forever and I would still not be able to admire them in a short time haunts my steps as well.
A short time ago I would have told you I wanted this changing season, but as it comes my memory returns as well. I can recall the many spills on icy paths last winter and the numbness that began in my fingers and toes only to spread to my heart. Yes, winter is coming and I can do nothing to halt it's assault on the land and my body...
Outfit details: dress- H&M, cardigan- H&M, hat- secondhand, tights- Target, bag- Pull and Bear, shoes- H&M

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment