Exceptions To The Rule

As a general rule of thumb, I don't like pink. To be completely honest I worry that we are brainwashed to associate pink with femininity and I hate how marketers seem to assume that turning an item pink makes it appeal to a female audience (energy drink, cell phones, etc). That said, there are a few lovely exceptions to every rule.
Exception number one: Audrey Hepburn's pink cocktail dress in Breakfast at Tiffany's. This is by far my favorite outfit in that entire film.
Exception number two: The stunning (and brief) scene in Marie Antoinette where Kirsten Dunst has delicately pink hair. This might be the most perfect shade of hair ever.
Exception number three: Dogwood trees; they're one of my favorite spring flowers.

Exception number four: Over-the-top monochromatic, garishly pink outfits from the runway. Like these Givenchy Couture from Fall 2008.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment